In 1996, the Los Angeles Timesreported that ABC ordered a new prime-time series based on the 1994 science-fiction movie Time Cop. The pilot was written by Mark Verheiden.
The show was broadcast on the ABC network and first aired in 1997. The series featured an all-new cast and characters. The show focused on TEC agent Jack Logan who hunts down rogue time travelers and brings them to justice before they can alter the past.
Due to low ratings and poor advertising, the series was cut short after less than a season, and only nine out of the thirteen episodes were aired.
“ In 20/20 hindsight, I wish the show had been darker and grittier both in terms of the storytelling and stylistically. But we were trying to deliver an 8:00 pm show. That meant doing something 'suitable for children,' so gritty wasn't going to happen. We were just getting our sea-legs, story-wise, with our last episode, which was a sweet story about Don Stark's character Matuzek trying to reconnect with his teenage son. But we were canceled as that episode was wrapping production, and that, as they say, was that."— Mark Verheiden about the cancellation of Timecop
aired from: Sep 1997 to: Jul 1998
T.W. King as Jack Logan
Cristi Conaway as Claire Hemmings
Don Stark as Eugene Matuzek
Kurt Fuller as Dr. Dale Easter
1. 1- 1 K2304 22 Sep 97 A Rip in Time
2. 1- 2 K2305 29 Sep 97 The Heist
3. 1- 3 K2306 6 Oct 97 Stalker
4. 1- 4 K2308 13 Oct 97 Public Enemy
5. 1- 5 K2301 20 Oct 97 Rocket Science
6. 1- 6 K2309 20 Jun 98 Alternate World
7. 1- 7 K2310 27 Jun 98 Lost Voyage
8. 1- 8 K2307 11 Jul 98 D.O.A.
9. 1- 9 K2303 18 Jul 98 The Future, Jack, the Future