Friends with Benefits (stylized as friends ♥♥ith benefits) is a romantic sitcom created by Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber that aired on NBC from August 5 to September 9, 2011. It was originally set to air on as a mid-season replacement during the 2010–11 television season, but was ultimately delayed until summer.The series ended after twelve episodes aired with the thirteenth being only available on iTunes, Amazon.com, and Netflix.
The series follows a group of friends living in Chicago. It involves a very close friendship between two of the friends, who are each looking for the perfect mate, and the others who question their relationship, but at the same time, have their own romantic problems to deal with.
- Ryan Hansen as Ben Lewis, a guy who is in no rush to find the right girl for him. He has been sleeping with his friend, Sara.
- Danneel Harris as Sara Maxwell, a doctor and Ben's hookup buddy. Unlike Ben, she is desperate to find the right guy.
- Jessica Lucas as Riley Elliot, a bartender and Sara's roommate. She is very laidback and tends to date a lot of men.
- Zach Cregger as Aaron Greenway, a rich, nerdy engineer who wants to meet women but at the same time can't find enough potential.
- Andre Holland as Julian 'Fitz' Fitzgerald, Aaron's roommate. He really enjoys meeting women and hanging out with his friends.
Production and development
Friends with Benefits was originally developed for ABC with a script order given by the network in September 2009. However, the network did not green-light a pilot for the potential series, allowing NBC to pick up the project.For the pilot episode, Fran Kranz was originally cast as Aaron,and Ian Reed Kesler portrayed Hoon (another version of Fitz).The series was officially picked up on May 16, 2010]
Season 1 1. 1-1 05 Aug 11 Pilot 2. 1-2 05 Aug 11 The Benefit of the Mute Button 3. 1-3 12 Aug 11 The Benefit of the Unspoken Dynamic 4. 1-4 12 Aug 11 The Benefit of Forgetting 5. 1-5 19 Aug 11 The Benefit of the Right Track 6. 1-6 19 Aug 11 The Benefit of Keeping Your Ego in Check 7. 1-7 26 Aug 11 The Benefit of Mardi Gras 8. 1-8 26 Aug 11 The Benefit of Mentors 9. 1-9 02 Sep 11 The Benefit of Being Shallow 10. 1-10 02 Sep 11 The Benefit of Avoiding the Mindbanger 11. 1-11 09 Sep 11 The Benefit of Putting in the Work 12. 1-12 09 Sep 11 The Benefit of Friends 13. 1-13 16 Sep 11 The Benefit of Full Disclosure