AS OF 2022 WE REMADE THIS WITH A NEW PERFECT DIGITAL HD 1080P SOURCE
WITH SELECT-ABLE ENGLISH CAPTIONS [CC] FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT
IT IS NOW A 4 DVD SET IN 1 BOX
(IT WAS A 1 DVD SET IN 1 BOX)
Angel from Hell is an American single-camera fantasy sitcom created by Tad Quill. The series was greenlit to order on May 8, 2015, by CBS, and premiered on January 7, 2016. On February 8, 2016, CBS cancelled the series and pulled it from the schedule after the first five episodes had aired, leaving eight produced episodes unaired. The remaining episodes began airing on July 2, 2016.
The series is about an angel named Amy, who acts as a guardian for Allison, forming an unlikely friendship.
Cast and characters
- Jane Lynch as Amy Cass, a mysterious and odd individual who reveals herself to be an angel. She has a crazy persona and can make unbelievable predictions that come true. It is suggested that Amy has been watching Allison since childhood.
- Maggie Lawson as Allison Fuller, a dermatologist who likes to multi-task and is a perfectionist. She thinks that Amy is nuts, until she discovers that Amy knows everything about her and starts believing her crazy predictions.
- Kyle Bornheimer as Brad Fuller, Allison's younger brother, who lives above her garage.
- Kevin Pollak as Marv Fuller, Allison's dermatologist father and boss.
- Ginger Gonzaga as Kelly, Allison's former best friend who comes back into her life.
- Constance Marie as Linda, Marv's new love interest.
- David Denman as Evan, Allison's boyfriend whom she discovers has been cheating on her.
- Diora Baird as Brandi, a flight attendant.
Angel from Hell has received average reviews from critics. On Metacritic, it holds a score of 55/100, based on 18 reviews. On Rotten Tomatoes, the series score is 41%, based on 29 reviews, with an average rating of 5/10. The critics' consensus reads: "Banish thee from the airwaves, oh Angel from Hell, for sins of commonplace sitcom triteness and obnoxious use of an iconic comedic lead."
After the series began airing, One Million Moms, a website of the American Family Association, claimed that the show "disrespects Christianity". The Christian group also suggested a list of sponsors to pull advertisements from the program.
Reference to other media
The show's main graphic (shown at top) alludes to a figure in Raphael's Sistine Madonna.
Original Name: Angel from Hell
Number of Seasons: 1
Number of Episodes: 13
Certification / MPAA Film Rating: TV-14
First Air Date: January 7, 2016
Last Air Date: July 23, 2016
Episode Runtime: 21,30 mins
Primary Year: 2016
Genres: Comedy, Drama
Production Companies: CBS Television Studios, Quill Entertainment
Spoken Language(s): English
Origin Countries: United States of America
Season 1 — 13 Episodes — Air Date: January 7, 2016
Jane Lynch – Amy
Maggie Lawson – Allison
Kyle Bornheimer – Brad
Kevin Pollak – Marv
aired from: Jan 2016 to: Jul 2016
Maggie Lawson as Allison
Jane Lynch as Amy
Kevin Pollak as Marv
Kyle Bornheimer as Brad
A perfectionist doctor finds her life disrupted
by a pushy woman who claims to be her guardian angel.
Episode # Prod # Air Date Titles
_____ ______ ___________ ___________ _______
1. 1-1 07 Jan 16 Pilot
2. 1-2 14 Jan 16 Face Your Fears
3. 1-3 21 Jan 16 Go with Your Gut
4. 1-4 28 Jan 16 Family Business
5. 1-5 04 Feb 16 Soulmates
6. 1-6 02 Jul 16 Angel Probation
7. 1-7 02 Jul 16 Angel Appreciation Day
8. 1-8 09 Jul 16 Practice Guy
9. 1-9 09 Jul 16 Rain Check
10. 1-10 16 Jul 16 Funsgiving
11. 1-11 16 Jul 16 The Flask
12. 1-12 23 Jul 16 Believe Me (1)
13. 1-13 23 Jul 16 Believe Me (2)
Tags: 2016, Canceled, CBS Television Studios, Comedy, Drama, English, guardian angel, Hollywood, Jane Lynch, Kevin Pollak, Kyle Bornheimer, Maggie Lawson, Quill Entertainment, Scripted, sitcom, TV Series, TV-14